[LAD] Fwd: Fwd: lv2 extension bugs

David Robillard d at drobilla.net
Fri Jul 29 22:07:00 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-07-29 at 20:30 +0100, Harry van Haaren wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 7:39 PM, David Robillard <d at drobilla.net>
> wrote:
>         I don't think that's too abstract for your average dev.  It's
>         a library
>         API.  Certainly your average dev can use a library.
>
> Being a self-taught dev (no comment on average or not :) I can say I
> did find very difficult to understand how the lv2 framework operates,
> and how the piece fit together. Equally so as there are few *simple*
> examples out there, that one can read and *understand*, not just gloss
> over the 1000+ lines and think 'maybe next year'

There has always been a very simple host included in SLV2 and later
Lilv, until the very latest release because I am splitting that off into
its own program.

>         Less talk, more rock.
> True that. I've uploaded a sample class to host an LV2 plugin with a
> "jack-orientated" interface. Its released under LGPL, and uses the
> LILV library to load the plugin. Written in C++, code is hosted here:
> https://github.com/harryhaaren/Lv2Host
>
> I'm aware that the code is not perfect, and will accept suggestions /
> improvements.

An it's hidden away somewhere nobody will find too :D

Please stick links to any such projects somewhere on the Wiki.  It's a
Wiki for a reason!

-dr