[LAD] Any package builders here?

Wed Jun 1 17:13:53 UTC 2011

On 06/01/2011 02:50 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Hi :)
>
> could you please add a dependency to audio/MIDI app packages for your
> distros, that will set up real-time usage?
>
> The following issue is wide spread:

First Planet CCRMA (when jack was in the Planet CCRMA repository) and
now Fedora (which includes jack2 out of the box) have had such
configuration set up for many years - including memory locking.

> I can't see any reason not do add such a dependency. Or is there a good
> reason not to do?

To applications? Nope, not many if any would use SCHED_FIFO or SCHED_RR
scheduling directly, "pro" audio apps rely on jack, and jack already has
a proper configuration in most (all?) audio oriented distros.

-- Fernando