[LAD] Android audio plugins

Nick Copeland nickycopeland at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 29 20:03:10 UTC 2011

> No, technically, an app can load a native shared library provided by another
> without caring about any kind of signature. An app can freely dlopen() a library
> provided by another app.

Hm, are the issues related to that library being in an APK? I don't see how you can
have Android give you access to somebody else's library unless you have been signed
with the same private key. If you are saying 'technically' accessing system libraries
then I agree but in that case you have an issue with distributing the library as you
cannot distribute system libraries via the Android processes.

Perhaps I have missed the point, Android security prevents you accessing resources
that you have not been given a priori permission to use to ensure the system cannot
be compromised by malicious code. If you want to root your device and hack it to get
to the point where you can overcome that security then that can be achieved but that
comes back to another point I made:

Why introduce that level of complexity into the system?

Why not just get a Linux port for your handset/tablet and have done?

Regards, nick.