[LAD] Feature requests: add JackSession support

rosea grammostola rosea.grammostola at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 10:11:54 UTC 2011

On 06/30/2011 12:00 PM, m.wolkstein at gmx.de wrote:
> Am Thu, 30 Jun 2011 11:43:50 +0200
> schrieb rosea grammostola<rosea.grammostola at gmail.com>:
>
>> On 06/30/2011 11:31 AM, Renato wrote:

>>> I second this, I tried using jacksession a few days ago and it seems
>>> to me it works very well; it does what it should and nothing more, it is
>>> not intrusive
>> Maybe good to note also is that almost all recent distros (also
>> multimedia distros like AVLinux, Tango Studio etc.) have the latest
>> Jackd version these days (JACK1 and/ or JACK2, both support
>> JackSession). So apps with JackSession support are compiled with
>> JackSession automatically on those distros (no need to add a patch or a
>> special build parameter or anything like that). :)
>>
>> Regards,
>> \r
> hey ho,
> i am very interested to implement jack session into hydrogen. but i am a bit confused about how it is to use as a user.
> i understand how to implement it into an application. thx to http://trac.jackaudio.org/wiki/WalkThrough/Dev/JackSession.
> but i miss a simple howto use jacksession in your local audio envirement.
> whatever exist such a document for dummies like me?
Wolke,

Understanding the dev side and not the user side, that is the world
up-side-down for me ;)
http://trac.jackaudio.org/wiki/WalkThrough/User/jack_session

You need Jackd > = 0.120 or 1.9.7 and qjackctl 0.3.7

Start qjackctl, start JACK
Start an app with JS support (yoshimi)
Make the desired connections
In qjackctl 0.3.7, you have a session window, open it.
Save session
Make a *new* folder (be careful not to overwrite an other folder (should
become more safe in the next Qjackctl version))
Select that new folder to save the session to.
You can quit the session by just quitting the applications, or choose
save (save and quit)
You can load the session via the load button in the Session window of
Qjackctl, choose the right session folder.

HTH
\r