[LAD] Decode and Info about media

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Mon May 2 07:57:29 UTC 2011

Hi,

On 18.04.2011 13:22, Alfs Kurmis wrote:
> Hello Experts.
>
> Is here library with C  #include headers for so what ?
>
> How can i gotta info about  Wav, mp3, ogg, m4a, wma [wmv] ... files
> SampleRate, Channels, PlayLen( in samples ), bytesPerSample , bitrate,
> VBR ... ,
> and after i gotta this info , decode em to RAW stream ?
> At least i need everything about Wav, mp3, ogg.
>
> Info about sound file should not  be printf()'ed to stdout , but must
> be filled in info structure.
> Decoder library should have functions - loadFile, Play, SeekToSample ,
> Stop.
> At least possibility - play file from sample or second.part .
>
> Or should be used 2 libs, one for gotta info and one for decoding ?
>
> Any C example and pointer welcomed.
> Tnx in advance @ all.
> Alfs Kurmis

A bit late with the reply. In gstreamer we have a new api called
GstDiscoverer. This delivers the results in a GstStructure which is a
hashtable with differently types slots. GstDiscoverer can run
synchronously and asynchronously and is quite fast. There is a command
line tool included: gst-discoverer-0.10 <mediafile> /
gst-discoverer-0.10 -v <mediafile>. I also hack on a UI toy using that
API in vala - http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~ensonic/gst-mediainfo/

Stefan