[LAD] What sound cards are recommender by developers? I'll order next week!!!

Bearcat M. Sandor hometheater at feline-soul.com
Mon May 23 20:13:58 UTC 2011

On 5/21/2011 2:34 PM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> Please, please, at least try to be a bit informed before writing.
> Audio quality is determined by the AD and DA converters and their
> clocks, not by any digital interface circuits such as the Envy24.
It seems that Ralf went to some people and asked before posting here and
thus made the attempt to be informed before writing here.  If one is a
newbie in this field (i.e not a developer or engineer) i think that
asking basic questions is to be expected.  Quite a few of us started out
as 'audiophiles' and have all sorts of bad, misleading marketing
information about how soundcards work. Ralf's posts strike me that way.
I was in such a state until my re-education as well.

Thanks.

Bearcat