[LAD] mp3-player needs sendmail - really?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun May 29 07:44:55 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-05-29 at 09:11 +0200, Jens M Andreasen wrote:
> Anybody got any idea why the realplayer insist on installing sendmail as
> well? Is it a rootkit, intending to turn me into a spam-node?
>
> /j

Thanks for calling attention,

perhaps it would be funny to hear an answer from the Real customer
support, http://real-de.custhelp.com/app/ask .

Btw. do you need realplayer or did you just test it ;)?

Indeed, creepy.

OT: I wonder what will ship with the  German "Ausweis App" (RFID
identity card application) for Linux ;).

-- Ralf