[LAD] tutorial or example for using jack ring buffer between threads?

Harry van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 10:03:07 UTC 2011

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 6:29 AM, Iain Duncan <iainduncanlists at gmail.com>wrote:

> Can anyone point me at what they consider the best thing to look at for an
> introduction to communication between threads in a jack app using the
> ringbuffer?

There's an example client in the JACK source called "capture client",
that's a pretty common response to said question. It writes audio data to
the ring, and a disk thread takes it and does the writes in a non-RT
context.

I will do a tutorial style blog post on "extreme" simple ringbuffer usage
in the near future. -Harry