[LAD] RAUL?

David Robillard d at drobilla.net
Mon Nov 14 16:33:14 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-11-13 at 22:58 -0800, Iain Duncan wrote:
> I found it on Dave's site, but other than that, couldn't find find
> much mention of it. Do many people use it? Would it be wise to dig
> into RAUL for writing a real time jack app?
>

> Dave, any comments on it?
>

> http://drobilla.net/software/raul/

It more or less just serves as a place to stick common things I use.  I
havn't put as much care into making it a solid and carefully crafted
library for generic use like I have e.g. serd/sord/lilv, to be honest
(though note this is a high standard... alas, lcov doesn't work for C++.
I like to have > 95% test coverage of released libraries, but I don't
have a C++ toolchain that will easily let me achieve that)

That said, of course it works, and it would probably be good to polish
it up and give it a bit nicer of a public face, since a library of that
scope is AFAIK lacking.  If it looks like it has useful things for you,
by all means use it.  I'd be happy to add any appropriate features or
fix any bugs you may need/find.

You could also just steal a class here or a class here as you need them,
if you don't need much.  Note that, being C++, any changes are more or
less guaranteed to change the ABI and thus library version.  Since
Patchage depends on it, though, I'd assume it's very well packaged by
now.

Cheers,

-dr