[LAD] "bleeding edge html5" has interesting Audio APIs

Adrian Knoth adi at drcomp.erfurt.thur.de
Fri Nov 18 11:01:25 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 11:48:28AM -0800, Niels Mayer wrote:

> http://kinlan-presentations.appspot.com/bleeding/index.html#42

Another step towards "What is an OS? I do everything in the browser."
I don't really like it, though I see large-scale advantages when people
don't have to install office anymore. ;)

> Simple low-latency, glitch-free, audio playback and scheduling
> Real-time processing and analysis
> Low-level audio manipulation
> Effects: spatial panning, low/high pass filters, convolution, gain, ...

GUI-wise, using HTML5 sounds sane to me. Definitely for static UI
elements, no idea about meters.

Thanks to browsers, the Javascript compilers are damn good these days.
If they add decent ways to do DSP with it, I don't see a reason why the
whole concept shouldn't fly.

Just my €0.02

--
mail: adi at thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP/GPG: key via keyserver