[LAD] "bleeding edge html5" has interesting Audio APIs

David Robillard d at drobilla.net
Mon Nov 21 23:32:51 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-11-21 at 23:42 +0100, Nick Copeland wrote:
> > Subject: Re: [LAD] "bleeding edge html5" has interesting Audio APIs
> > From: d at drobilla.net
> >
> >  All we need is a couple of sliders and knobs and such. It's quite
> straight
> > forward
>
> Ah, is that all we need? I never realised it was so simple. Can I have
> them
> in some dull, boring grey colour with sad square boxes? You know,
> something
> that really inspires and that will convince every iPad user that their
> ubercool
> GUI are a total waste of time. Can you do that for me? That would be a
> killer!

... actually, you'll notice most (native) apps in this domain *do* use
very basic renderings for their widgets, even though they are
implemented with the native toolkits, because that is what makes sense
on a touch screen and is best for usability.

http://www.hitsquad.com/files/TouchOSC-320x480-75.jpg

Call me crazy, but I'll take clarity and usability over blind emulation
and stupid little pixmaps of physical buttons any day.

-dr

P.S. Tell us some more about good UI, nickycopeland at *hotmail* (LOL)