[LAD] tutorial or example for using jack ring buffer between threads?

Harry van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 23:38:03 UTC 2011

On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 2:32 AM, Iain Duncan <iainduncanlists at gmail.com>wrote:

>  I hope you expand on it later to make a next step!

I don't really know at all where to "go next", as far as ringbuffers go..
that's it. There's a thread on LAD from a while back that covers useful OOP
class inheritance / derivation stuffs as far as creating an "Event" class
which  can be passed around as a "generic" event. ( The whole conversation
is quite long, in short: this entry is the way to go:
http://linuxaudio.org/mailarchive/lad/2011/8/20/184255 )

That thread might shed some light on writing "smarter" data into the
ringbuffer, or using it more effectively than just writing integers in.
-Harry