[LAD] sliders/fans

Nick Copeland nickycopeland at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 24 21:30:13 UTC 2011

> Just a thought, but perhaps an effort at a LAD HIG (Human Interface
> Guidelines) might be a good idea, so things like this aren't arbitrarily
> different between apps and plugins?
>
> Naturally the scope of such a thing would be limited since different
> programs have different needs, but at least things like twiddling
> parameters could easily be standardized.

Are there any LAD reference docs here or is it completely greenfield?

I did some searches on LAD HIG and you get some really off-topic results,
good read, just off topic.

If it is greenfield then any concept of semantics should be dropped and
leave the basic concept of what key/button pairs should cause a controller
to do.

The net effect of the change is up to the app, no?

Regards, nick.