[LAD] sliders/fans

hermann brummer- at web.de
Fri Nov 25 04:06:37 UTC 2011

Am Donnerstag, den 24.11.2011, 18:57 -0500 schrieb David Robillard:
> On Thu, 2011-11-24 at 21:31 +0100, hermann wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, den 24.11.2011, 14:21 -0500 schrieb David Robillard:
> > > Middle click to "go here" is a convention from scroll bars dating back
> > > to the dawn of X11.  Using something easily done accidentally (and
> > > unknowingly) for learn doesn't seem like the best idea to me.
> > >
> > > That said, some laptops don't have middle buttons...
> >
> > I think most modern apps use middle mouse button today for midi
> > connection. Laptops witch didn't have a middle mouse button often even
> > didn't have a midi in connection so there is nothing to loose.
> > And, for that case one can provide a midi table to choose connections
> > from.
>
> Is it possible to configure Macbook touchpads to middle click?
>
> -dr
>
> P.S. Spare us the "who cares" rants, please...

I didn't know, never use nor have a Macbook, but I'd like to turn the
question into :
can't you connect a mouse with middle button to a MacBook, same as you
can do with any laptop without middle mouse button?
Then you could make your midi connections ones, they will be stored, and
you didn't need to take the mouse with you, but can use the midi device
for controlling.

I guess the only thing witch is common right now, is that the left click
will grep the controller and make it follow the mouse.

But, as a first step, we could possible find a agreement about witch
controller key will introduce the "fine settings mode", as far I see we
have "control" or "shift". I will be cool if we could get a agreement
witch one is to use.
Then, if we found a agreement, we could make the next step and talk
about right/middle click.
I guess we cant manage all in one run.

regards
hermann