[LAD] Linux Audio Documentaion Effort : (Was "Question 0")

Andrew C countfuzzball at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 00:44:32 UTC 2011

Hiya Harry,

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 12:31 AM, Harry van Haaren
<harryhaaren at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think some "beginner" coding documentation on Linux Audio would be a great
> asset to the community, and I'm willing to contribute to such an effort. As
> Robin Gareus mentioned in another thread, a "FLOSS" manual is probably the
> best way to go for a community effort on documenting.

I rather like this idea, for what it's worth.

> "if
> you think it should be thought that way write the tutorial"...  the downside
> of this is that if one tutorial uses toolkit <X> and the next toolkit <Y>,
> the average beginning coder is going to get lost in implementation details
> and that defeats the purpose of documentation :D

Easier said than done, but why not use the most popular toolkits for
each tutorial, that way you can follow each tutorial using whichever
toolkit you want.

Andrew.

(hurray for me ignoring the amount of work the above statement would
involve, but it's an idea.)