[LAD] Cue2ddp Release 0.8.3a

Andreas Ruge andreas.ruge at gmx.de
Tue Nov 29 20:13:39 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'd like to announce version 0.8.3 alpha of some DDP mastering tools
I've written for Linux.  If you are interested, and especially if
you have other software which reads or writes DDP please test!  I'm
not a professional C programmer, but a recording producer, so I
appreciate any input!

http://ddp.andreasruge.de

Cue2ddp converts cue/wav CD images into DDP 2.0 images, the format
that plants often use internally to drive their glass mastering
process.  So when using DDP instead of an audio CD plants will
usually not mess around with your project anymore, but just press
what you send them.  (Which can be a good thing.)

Aside from the software mentioned I'd like to find out what people
think is the best workflow for final CD mastering including DDP.  By
having cue2ddp as a stand-alone program, it can be used with all
programs which can export cue/wav.  Is that flexible enough, would
you want other input formats?  Or would you rather want to see an
interface which can be more tighlty integrated into ofther software?
 Let's say cue2ddp would accept cue sheet *and* audio data from
stdin, then any software could simply pipe into it.  Very low tech,
I know, but reading the DDP license I'm not sure if I can release a
proper DDP library as open source (let me know if you think
atherwise: www.dcainc.com).

Also while we are at it, is there any need for other (proprietary)
CD  image formats, like .pmi (Pyramix Workstation), or JAM on OSX?

Regards,

Andreas

--
Andreas Ruge