[LAD] Inter thread Communication: Design Approach

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Thu Sep 1 18:37:20 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 01, 2011 at 02:18:25PM -0400, David Robillard wrote:

> If you're going to go with the inheritance route anyway, just use a
> virtual ev->execute() method so the code for all events doesn't have to
> be in the same place. Assuming you'll have enough that this is actually
> a benefit anyway...

That's assuming that the event's virtual execute() has access to
all it needs. In all cases I've encountered that is not the case:
the event triggers something in the context where it is received
and processing it requires access to that context's data.
It's a problem for which I don't know a clean C++ solution.

Ciao,

--
FA