[LAD] NSM - handling large files

Emanuel Rumpf xbran at web.de
Mon Apr 2 20:22:19 UTC 2012

A new thought:

Lets say we did store the session as tar.gz,
and we de-referenced the symlinks.
Means: We have all files related to the session th the tar.gz.
So far, so good.

Now we re-import the session to NSM:
We extract that tar.gz in the NSM sessions-folder.
Note: instead of symlinks we have now real files in the symlinks
directory (because we de-referenced before creating the tar.gz).

Real files should not go to the symlinks directory.
But we could have a simple script, to move these files
to the "nsm-large-files/" folder and re-create the symlinks.

Now we should have a state very similar to where we began.
(exception: we did not restore the file-paths we've had originally,
but symlinked to the nsm-large-files folder instead)

I think this is acceptable
- the session stayed valid at least.

--
E.R.