[LAD] NSM - handling large files

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Wed Apr 4 18:51:09 UTC 2012

On 04/04/2012 05:19 PM, rosea.grammostola wrote:

> ... On that topic I conclude that Qjackctl doesn't support infra
> clients by purpose and that I don't see it happen that there will be
> another GUI who does support in the near future.

wait, it's not "by purpose" but just "overlooked" ok?

infra-clients (ie. jack clients unaware of jack-session) and exo-clients
(non-jack applications) are here subjects of a "covenant": the SM in
charge, by its particular implementation, follows some god-knows-what
convention which is NOT bounded by the session protocol (or API) at
all--of course, the suspects are not session-aware to begin with, so any
SM can raise its own "convention" and make up its own party--it's a free
world isn't it? :)

as said, infra/exo-clients support on qjackctl (as a JSM) is "in the
drawer", meaning it's coming out any day soon. so, is there yet another
convention party in the making, you ask?

yep:)

cheers
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela