[LAD] NSM - handling large files

rosea.grammostola rosea.grammostola at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 20:12:53 UTC 2012

On 04/04/2012 09:59 PM, rosea.grammostola wrote:
> But of course, this are not the only reason to prefer one SM above the
> other. As mentioned in my previous mails, there are arguments for me atm
> to say that NSM gives a user more then JackSession (even with the
> hypothetical level-0). NSM seems to be a SM which has a very good and
> simple solution, more functionality then JackSession, without the need
> of things like Jackdbus (ladish).
> Also I've the opinion that the community should go with the best
> implementation. Why go for an implementation which lacks useful
> functionality when implementation into the apps are more or less the
> same effort?

Afaik, NSM gives us all we users need when it comes to LAU session
management. You've to help me to give something it doesn't do in this
scope. If you can't help me with this, you can more or less take the
conclusion that NSM is a final solution to the Linuxaudio session
puzzle. Final as in, does all what it should do, has intrinsic all the
stuff it should be able to do in the coming >10 yrs, it doesn't lack
essential features in terms of functionality and workflow, if a better
SM bumps up in the coming yrs there will likely be no essential reasons
to switch to that one (which makes the effort for adding NSM support to
an app, a valuable and longstanding contribution).

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards,
\r