[LAD] NSM - handling large files

Dennis Schulmeister linux-audio-dev at windows3.de
Thu Apr 5 18:11:01 UTC 2012

On Thu, 05 Apr 2012 12:14:03 +0100
Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc at rncbc.org> wrote:

> iow. what if, assuming Ardour were about a fully-compliant NSM client
> and you want to open an existing Ardour session, one you've been working
> hard previously but stand-lone ie. outside the NSM umbrella? i read that
> you'll have to copy or move all ardour's session files _manually_ first,
> or symlink at best, into the NSM's central/root directory and guess what
> and where. that's the kind of "cheat" or "juggling" i was telling you
> about :)

Good point. As far as I remember this is covered the NSM API, though.
It says that "New", "Open, and "Save/Save As" commands have to by
disabled while it is perfectly fine to offer a command "to import the
state of an existing project". So you get a new managed project but
with all state imported from an already existing possibly unmanaged
project.

Yours sincerely,
Dennis Schulmeister

--
Dennis Schulmeister - Schifferstr. 1 - 76189 Karlsruhe - Germany
Tel: +49 721/5978883 - Fax: +49 721/5978882 -  Mob: +49 152/01994400