[LAD] LV2 Achievement of GMPI Requirements

David Robillard d at drobilla.net
Wed Aug 1 18:48:21 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-08-01 at 09:45 +0200, Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> On 07/31/2012 10:13 PM, David Robillard wrote:
> > I have adapted the GMPI requirements final draft document to a
> > comparison with the current state of LV2: http://lv2plug.in/gmpi.html
>
> Great job!
>
> Besides dynamic ports, most interesting to me seems to be the
> Instruments section, http://lv2plug.in/gmpi.html#sec_3.17
>
> In short: per voice control of any parameter.

I thought controlling parameters via events in general was the most
interesting, particularly since it's related to recent relevant
discussion on this list (the buffer size discussion) and an LV2 hot
topic lately for a few reasons.

Per voice parameters requires this, but is another can of worms.  All
that's needed there is a convention for what kinds of events to send for
note ons and such.  It would be relatively simple to build using LV2ey
atoms, though some might argue using OSC is more appropriate here since
sequencers are more likely to adopt such a standard.  Of course, that's
another chicken & egg problem... since making a sequencer that would
actually do anything useful with this is no small task, this is more of
a fantasy feature IMO, plenty of things pragmatically actually needed
right now...

-dr