[LAD] SMPTE timecode library

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Aug 20 19:29:40 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-08-20 at 15:17 -0400, Egor Sanin wrote:
> Hi Robin
>
> On 8/17/12, Robin Gareus <robin at gareus.org> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone know a timecode library, that allows converting, adding,
> > subtracting SMPTE timecode with knowledge about drop-frame timecode, etc
> > ...that can be used in C programs.
> >
> > The only timecode lib I was able to find is 'mffm-timecode'.
> > It is C++ only and not really concerned with SMPTE timecode.
> >
> > I'm thinking about writing one - unless I can find sth suitable.
> > Five of my current projects include replicated code for dealing with
> > SMPTE. Some use libltcsmpte.sf.net functions to some extent.
> While I don't have any useful suggestions, I would be interested in
> this library myself.  So if you start writing it and need some help, I
> could dedicate time to the effort.

As a user I would like to get (complete) SMPTE using Linux :). If
possible take care, that no special Interface is needed, as it was
needed in the dino computer age. I prefer perfect audio sync and video
sync to PAL, dunno if there's a serious difference to sync PAL or NTSC.

:)

Nice to read that somebody tries to program this.

Regards,
Ralf