[LAD] Wavetable synthesis : Creating fat wavetables

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Fri Aug 24 22:18:30 UTC 2012

On 08/24/2012 10:35 PM, harryhaaren at gmail.com wrote:
> I record a C3 note, 10 seconds of it. Then I want to create a wavetable.
> Search for a zero crossing after 1 second, chop. Looped playback = C3.
> Now I want to have a C#3, so 1/12 of the double of the frequency,
> playing back at that rate will NOT always provide a C#3.

Hi Harry,

You may mean the right thing and even have implemented it correctly but

  a halftone step over base_freq  =  base_freq * 2^(1/12)

Even if you implemented it correctly, overtones or undertones can
mislead ones perception quite easily. Looping can warp things back, too.
-- I suggest to play the wavetable in a loop and check with a spectrum
analyzer if you really have the fundamental.

ciao,
robin