[LAD] Kontakt sampler format (and others like EXS24)

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Aug 31 11:58:07 UTC 2012

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 5:12 AM, John Rigg <ladev at jrigg.co.uk> wrote:

> Thanks for taking the initiative on this. The lack of high quality
> samples usable on a Linux system has been quite a problem.

this is subtle, but i'd like to point out that the problem is actually
slightly more specific than that. from my perspective, it is really the
lack of high quality samples usable outside of the sample playback engine
with which they were originally associated. if you don't have kontakt, you
can't play kontakt sample libraries regardless of the platform you're on.

but yay for anyone working to change this situation.