[LAD] MIDI controller question

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Dec 10 11:53:56 UTC 2012

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 1:47 AM, Julien Claassen <julien at mail.upb.de> wrote:

> Morning Paul!
>   So how do you deal with theses issues in Ardour3? I think you have more
> advanced MIDI support these days?

http://ardour.org/a3_features_midi_binding_maps
http://ardour.org/generic_midi_control

basically, we don't deal with it at present. 14 bit MIDI controllers were
misdesigned from the beginning and completely correct handling of them is
pretty hard to do efficiently on a general purpose OS.

but there really isn't much of an issue here. ardour has no builtin
handling of any MIDI CC message - what a given message does is defined
either by a user binding or a binding map.