[LAD] building the new Guitarix LV2 Amp

hermann meyer brummer- at web.de
Wed Dec 12 20:17:24 UTC 2012

Am 12.12.2012 20:35, schrieb David Robillard:
> On Wed, 2012-12-12 at 12:26 +0100, hermann meyer wrote:
>> Am 11.12.2012 17:31, schrieb David Robillard:
>>> I am not familiar with libgxmm or the guitarix LV2 work specifically,
>>> sorry, no concrete suggestions.
>> well, libgxw is a additional gtk+2.0 widget library with widgets mainly
>> for audio applications, libgxwmm is the gtkmm wrapper library for it.
>> Both are part of the guitarix source tree. Default use was as static
>> library for guitarix, i have change that now, so that it will be build
>> as shared library if the LV2 amp is selected to build.
> Are you just depending on this lib being system installed, or including
> it in the bundle?

No, don' t include in the bundle, they go to be system installed. (But
they don' t need to be installed during build, we use the use_liblocal
option for build time.)
  Guitarix app need them as well (and install them) if they build-ed as
shared libs. Maybe it is time to break them out of guitarix and offer
them as separate  lib-package?
(there is also the  --lib-dev configure option to install the headers
and *.pc files as well, there is a python wrapper for it, and it comes
with Glade support)
just found a Reference page at sourcearchive:
http://guitarix.sourcearchive.com/documentation/0.20.2-2/dirs.html
it's from a older version, but there have not so much changed in the libs.

>> The guitarix LV2 work is highly inspire by this tutorial from Harry Harren
>>
>> http://harryhaaren.blogspot.de/2012/07/writing-lv2-guis-making-it-look-snazzy.html
>> and needs your latest LV2 specs 1.2.0
>> and this is how it looks now, thanks to Richard Dalton
>> http://www.Ampskindesigns.com
>> http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/6410/bildschirmfotovom201212.png
> Cool.  I admit to having never tried Guitarix, but being able to get rid
> of my POD will be nice :)
The LV2 plug runs well in your jalv host, that's the host I use for
developing.
Now, it also runs fine in qtractor-svn, after Rui have added support for
lv2 1.2.0 somewhat quick.:-)

>> unfortunately a bug in the sourceforge GIT browser makes it nearly
>> impossible to browse the source online.
> No worries.  I'll check it out (literally) some time over the holidays
>
> -dr
Hope you enjoy it a bit :-)

regards
hermann