[LAD] Announcing PHASEX-0.14.96

William Weston whw at linuxmail.org
Sun Dec 30 07:04:18 UTC 2012

Good to hear.  Congratulations on the first debian build of 0.14.x!
A single warning is as good as one can hope for on the first build on
another distro.  This particular warning is a nothing to worry about.
In this case, an identical binary is produced after applying the fix
(which is now in the dev tree).

> [..]
>
> > So what do we do, now that the world didn't end?
> > Let's make some music!
>
> I suggest to announce this on linux-audio-announce, too.
>
> keep up the good work,
> robin

I just wanted to make sure that it doesn't blow up on distros outside
the RedHat/Fedora/CentOS world first.  Moving from Fedora 17 to Fedora 18
actually posed a bigger challenge than expected:  A 16 hour debugging
session to find that a segfault a few function calls deep inside
jack_client_open() was being caused by the global variable 'int shutdown'
overshadowing the system call shutdown() in the linker's symbol table.

I'm glad to see that everything builds properly on debian.

Cheers,
--ww