[LAD] help with RtMidi and gtkmm

alessandro filippo alessandro.filippo at infinito.it
Sat Feb 4 17:57:23 UTC 2012

Hi, I'm learning to write simple audio/midi applications in C++ with
RtMidi and gtkmm libraries (version 2.4).

This is the application I'm working on:
http://www.eclepticbox.altervista.org/index.php/download/finish/2-audio-midi/8-sawlidsyngui

I got some issues with RtMidi IN (Callback). I followed the RtMidi
tutorial and the VMPK example (however this is written with Qt), but the
problem is that the GUI freezes when I send some MIDI data and it
doesn't refresh the widgets values.

Midi Out works properly.

I think the problem is in the Midi Callback and in the event/signal
managing.
I tried some function in order to refresh the gui but they didn't work.

This is the smallest extract of code that has the issue (only a
spinbutton sending / receiving MIDI Program Change):

http://www.eclepticbox.altervista.org/index.php/download/finish/2-audio-midi/9-sawlidsyngui-test

The sources are in the src folder, see:

sawlidsyngui.cpp
sawlidsyngui.h