[LAD] LV2 and parameter interpolation

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Mon Feb 6 09:33:31 UTC 2012

hi *!

total lv2 newbie trying to get my feet wet, so bear with me :)

i'm trying to dezip my control ports by using simple linear
interpolation. to that end, i'm storing the current values of all
control ports in extra fields in the LV2_Handle.
they get ramped to the desired value during run(), so that the current
values will equal the ones set by the control ports at the end of each
run().

now i'm stuck trying to understand where to initialize my current value
fields.
what i want to avoid is a ramp from default or previous values whenever
the plugin is run for the first time. in that case, i want to have no
ramp and start cold with the control port value.

can i rely on control port data being available during activate() so
that i can initialize my current values to the control port values?

now i could set the current values to NULL during instantiate and
deactivate, but then i'd have an extra conditional in run(), which i'd
like to avoid.

what is the recommended procedure to deal with this?

jörn