[LAD] LV2 input buffer problem in ardour

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Mon Feb 6 12:38:22 UTC 2012

hi *!

whatever i do, i can't seem to get any data from an audio input port in
my lv2 plugin. i made local copies of all buffer pointers (even though
that shouldn't be necessary iirc), and in case ardour does in-place
processing, i always cache sample N before writing it to the first
output, so that i still have it available for the other outputs.

i even set lv2:inPlaceBroken, but no luck. now i was beginning to
suspect i'm very very stupid, but then i installed the eg-amp.lv2 plugin
(the simple amplifier example from the lv2core repository, which i've
used as a template for my own code), and hey presto: no signal either.
what the fu..ndamental problem might be, i can't say.

any insights most welcome.

thanks,

jörn