[LAD] Needed: GOOD Audio Interface Compatible w/Linux

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 13:51:34 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 8:45 AM, James Elliott <johans121 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> This is my first post here. Yes, I know that this is a developer's forum,
> that's why I joined. That said, however, I would like to replace my current
> audio interface with one that runs on linux and I really don't know where
> else to ask - all forums that I am a member of either focus on synthesizer
> stuff or they are professional audio sites where no one takes linux
> seriously as a recording platform; google is not helping either. I currently
> have a metric halo 2882 2d expanded w/DSP and want something of similar
> capability that can run on linux (the 2882 runs on Mac only). I can live
> without the on board effects. Recommendations are appreciated.

How much money do you want to spend? I like the RME Hammerfall
hardware (I use Multiface II with PCI interface). M-Audio products are
also well supported on Linux via ALSA.

Have you looked here to see what is supported?

http://alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Main

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com