[LAD] LADSPA: Calf Reverb : connect_port strange bug?

Krzysztof Foltman wdev at foltman.com
Mon Feb 13 12:58:06 UTC 2012

On 12/02/12 14:34, Harry van Haaren wrote:

> Update:
> All other LADSPA's I'm using with the same code work fine. Its just
> this reverb thats stubborn,
> but it works in Ardour so I can't see where the problem is!

I think it's because it uses a DSSI idiom of initializing port values to
default in connect_port.

The good (or not really) news is that the new version of Calf will not
support LADSPA and DSSI anymore. Anyway, perhaps it's a better idea to
just integrate the reverb code in your own project instead of relying on
plugins - if you want GPLv3 code you can also use this:

http://repo.or.cz/w/calfbox.git/blob/master:/reverb.c

It's a bit different than Calf's, so you can use one or the other. The
CPU use should be lower, but the sound is different - better or worse
depending on what you use it on.

K.