[LAD] DrMr: a new lv2 sampler/drum machine plugin

Albert Graef Dr.Graef at t-online.de
Fri Feb 17 19:53:29 UTC 2012

On 02/17/2012 06:01 PM, Sebastian Moors wrote:
> We have already a very modular architecture, and i believe that it would
> be possible to create a shared lib for the reading of drumkits without
> big trouble. The playing/processing samples part is definitely more
> complicated.

I think that Nick has nailed the reading of the drumkits already. So we
should be concerned with the more advanced parts. Besides the drumkit
editing (which I can also do with Hydrogen itself), I think that it
would be nice if the non-destructive cutting and time stretching of
samples implemented by Hydrogen's new sample editor would be available
in DrMr.

However, when I save a drumkit in which I have edited the layers in this
way, Hydrogen doesn't seem to record those changes in the drumkit.
Apparently, those changes are only stored in the song files, at least
with the 0.9.5 and 0.9.6svn versions available at
https://launchpad.net/~kxstudio-team/+archive/hydrogen/ that I tried. Is
that by design, or are there plans to change this in the 0.9.6 version
of Hydrogen?

Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany
Email:  Dr.Graef at t-online.de, ag at muwiinfa.geschichte.uni-mainz.de
WWW:    http://www.musikinformatik.uni-mainz.de/ag