[LAD] [ANN] Qtractor 0.5.3 - The Delta Whisky natural cask strength!

Albert Graef Dr.Graef at t-online.de
Wed Jan 4 17:26:44 UTC 2012

On 01/04/2012 04:55 PM, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
> that's correct. qtractor mmc-locate resolution is crippled to 30fps
> since eh... ever? :)

Is that a polite invitation to go fix it myself? ;-)

> yes (or no:) qtractor does not send out any mmc-locate messages on its
> loop turnarounds. sorry. thinking of it, i am not sure whether that is a
> polite thing to do. let me think again...
>
> aha. it brings me down to this humble fact that qtractor mmc
> implementation is no substitute for jack-transport whatsoever...

I know that qtractor does jack-transport, but unfortunately that doesn't
help me since Pd is the client that I use, which has no (built-in)
jack-transport support whatsoever. There might be a Pd external
implementing that kind of thing, but my application needs to run in
environments where just the vanilla Pd might be installed, so I wouldn't
want it to depend on some obscure 3rd party plugin if I can avoid it.

> have you tried jackctlmmc? or is it qjackmcc? hmm, i don't quite
> remember... my aging memory is failing on the spot:)

jackctlmmc / qjackmcc goes the wrong way round, it's an ALSA MMC slave
that drives jack-transport. I'd need exactly the opposite. :) I've been
googling for that kind of thing, but there doesn't seem to be any (apart
from other full-blown sequencer/HDR applications).

So, in the light of these observations, it still seems worthwhile to
have better MMC support in Qtractor. Do you have any plans to work on
this some time?

> slaintheva!

Cheers!
Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany
Email:  Dr.Graef at t-online.de, ag at muwiinfa.geschichte.uni-mainz.de
WWW:    http://www.musikinformatik.uni-mainz.de/ag