[LAD] send midi message

Dave Stikkolorum davers at dds.nl
Fri Jan 6 12:32:36 UTC 2012

On 06-01-12 13:22, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 7:13 AM, Dave Stikkolorum<davers at dds.nl>  wrote:
>> Not the communication, but I think Hydrogen over jack has more delay then
>> directly,
>> but I don't know this for sure.
> the use of JACK adds no delay.
>
>> Also jack causes other , not jack programs like audio plugins for browser,
>> to hang/stop.
> http://jackaudio.org/faq
>
>> Why is jack / or an other audio layer not completely integrated like in
>> windows and mac os,
> its not completely integrated on either of those platform. if you want
> to route audio between applications on windows or OS X, guess what
> your likely first choice technology is going to be?
Ok, maybe that's true. But the use is in the basic situations more
simple I think.
don't get me wrong. I am a linux fan anyway ;)

> also, because this is linux. there is nobody around to force such things.
Ok, that's true.
Sometimes I get very frustrated to start all these applications seperatly.
Also lash seems to be dead(according to it's creator).
And I don't think Jack sessions is going to be adopted by al these programs.