[LAD] send midi message

Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas pedro.lopez.cabanillas at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 10:55:36 UTC 2012

On Friday 06 January 2012, Dan Muresan wrote:
> As an aside, I wish more applications used Jack MIDI instead of ALSA. It
> would make applications easier to connect... True, there is a2j, but it
> doesn't seem to work in all circumstances.

The decision about using one MIDI API or another, one GUI framework or
another, one programming language or another, in my case depends only on what
I find the best suitable tools for a task. I can't care less about the latest
fashion, or the most popular thing, because in that case I would not be
writing Linux applications. You know: Linux usage is absolutely marginal, also
among musicians and audio professionals. I find Jack MIDI unsuitable for my
use cases, so I usually don't use it.

Regards,
Pedro