[LAD] [ANN] Qtractor 0.5.3 - The Delta Whisky natural cask strength!

Albert Graef Dr.Graef at t-online.de
Sat Jan 7 15:56:28 UTC 2012

On 01/04/2012 07:53 PM, Albert Graef wrote:
> On 01/04/2012 06:49 PM, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
>> the following blog post might give you a hint of how old and toy'ish is
>> mmc support in qtractor :) it didn't change much since then :)
>> http://www.rncbc.org/drupal/node/15
>>
>> i'll take a note ntl.
>
> Ok, thanks.

Just for the record, there's also a minor bug in
qtractorMmcEvent::locate (qtractorMmcEvent.cpp line 36). Bits 6 and 7
(counting from 1) in the hours field of an MMC locate message are used
by some software and MIDI controller hardware to encode the fps value
(00 = 24, 01 = 25, 10 = 30 drop, 11 = 30; it's the same encoding as in
the hour bytes of MTC quarter frame messages, if I'm not mistaken). So
qtractor may jump to a high offset if it receives a message where these
bits are set. Specifically, I found that this happens when I push the
"locate 0" button of the "simple mixer" preset of my Behringer BCF-2000.

I work around this by just masking out these bits for now. That works
fine if the MMC master or MIDI controller is set to the 30fps that
Qtractor uses. Patch against qtractor-0.5.3 attached.

Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany
Email:  Dr.Graef at t-online.de, ag at muwiinfa.geschichte.uni-mainz.de
WWW:    http://www.musikinformatik.uni-mainz.de/ag