[LAD] [ANN] Qtractor 0.5.3 - The Delta Whisky natural cask strength!

Albert Graef Dr.Graef at t-online.de
Tue Jan 10 12:26:54 UTC 2012

On 01/10/2012 10:31 AM, rncbc wrote:
> a debug version (./configure --enable-debug) should dump an automatic
> stacktrace on segfault (via gdb)...

This gives me a "ptrace: Operation not permitted." But running the
program in gdb I get the attached backtrace. (Running r2665, latest from
trunk there.)

> does this crash-on-record happen with prior builds, before your patching
> suggestions ?

Yes, it's already in the 0.5.3 release. The stock Ubuntu 11.04 version
of qtractor (0.4.8) works fine, though.

I also get segfaults when closing the GUI of LV2 plugins (e.g., calf
organ). I don't get these with 0.4.8 either, and they work fine with
Ardour3 as well. But maybe I should start filing proper bug reports now. :)

Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany
Email:  Dr.Graef at t-online.de, ag at muwiinfa.geschichte.uni-mainz.de
WWW:    http://www.musikinformatik.uni-mainz.de/ag