[LAD] Ambisonic Effect processing

Harry van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 12:51:22 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 3:59 AM, Fons Adriaensen <fons at linuxaudio.org>wrote:

> But in most cases such effects would be performed on the mono channels
> before they are mixed into B-format.

Thanks for that.

You need a reverb that produces B format, 100% wet. It is driven by
> post-fader auxiliary sends on the mono channels before they are panned
> and mixed, and the output is added to the B-format master bus.
> Ideally you also need to control the relative delay of the reverb send
> and the input to the panner (direct sound) - it depends on distance.

Yes, this is all easily possible, no problems.

> You can use zita-dpl1 for B-format peak limiting, and zita-rev1 for
> reverb, or use one of the AMB reverbs available for jconvolver.
> I've also an AMB capable compressor but this is not yet released.

While reading around I came across zita-rev1, but it seem has stereo
inputs, duplicate the mono signal to both inputs, or would you advise to
drive it with a stereo signal? I could pan the mono->stereo based on the
ambi panner control, and then send the stereo to zita-rev1, and mix in the
returned B-format?

Just loaded up zita-dpl1 -k 4, using it as an insert is no problem :)
Cheers, -Harry