[LAD] list statistics needed

Robin Gareus robin at linuxaudio.org
Wed Jan 11 15:05:44 UTC 2012

Hi Dave,

> Greetings,
>
> I need to know how many members are signed up for LAU and LAD mail
> lists. Can someone point me to that information ?

There's no public pointer to dereference. It requires mailman admin
privileges. Numbers as of today

2012 January 11:

Total subscribers : 2761
Total unique subscribers to all lists: 1872

linux-audio-user     : 1185
linux-audio-dev      : 827
linux-audio-announce : 600
linux-audio-tuning   : 149

I think the unique total actually decreased slightly since the last time
we've done a head-count; but I can't find the numbers (they should be in
the list-archive somewhere 1-2 years ago); but it's certainly less than
~5 years ago:

2007 March 15:

Total subscribers : 2841
Total unique subscribers to all lists: 2092
linux-audio-user     : 1315
linux-audio-dev      : 966
linux-audio-announce : 560

Back then I also analyzed the overlap:
LAD ^ LAA = 246
LAD ^ LAU = 447
LAU ^ LAA = 254

PS. I've just seen your Csound,SC,Pd message blast,.. you should maybe
also ask Paul for Ardour's phone-home stats if you have not yet done so.