[LAD] Luppp live looper

Diego Simak diego.simak at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 16:41:25 UTC 2012

2012/1/15 Harry van Haaren <harryhaaren at gmail.com>

> On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 5:40 PM, Diego Simak <diego.simak at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi, luppp is running here on ubuntu 10.04.
>> I've installed libconfig++ from [1], it was installed under
>> /usr/local/lib/
>> I've created a libconfig++.conf file having a single line with the path
>> "/usr/local/lib" under /etc/ld.so.conf.d to find libconfig++.so.9.
>> To get that phat configured just run 'sudo ldconfig'.
>>
> I don´t understand quite why you´re putting custom config files around...
> it should work out of the box, so long as your version of LibConfig is
> greater or equal to 1.4.8

Yes that's odd.
I've deleted the custom config file (ldconfig after that) and luppp is
working OK.
Yesterday I had a message that libconfig++.so.9 was not found... strange.

> Nevertheless I can't get any sound fom luppp.
>> I just loaded some wav samples using also vmpk as MIDI keyboard (using
>> jack midi) but still no sound....
>
> I will write a tutorial when back at home, which will hopefully clear some
> of the confusion.
>
> In very short words:
> -You´ve got to load a clip with audio or record something before it will
> playback
> -JACK transport needs to be running (just "rolling", tempo & BBT info not
> used ATM)
> -Click on the clip constantly while its orange, and eventually it will got
> green & play. This is due to a bug in clip launch code, that (badly) needs
> to be fixed.

Now it's booming!!

> All will be explained better soon, when time permits. Thanks for the
> feedback regardless :) -Harry

Thank you very much!

> PS: Current state has MIDI bindings hard coded for Akai´s APC40, and
> Akai´s MPK mini, hence other controllers won´t function correctly or at
> all.... A MidiMapping feature has been planned, and will be implemented in
> the near future.

Yes, I've observed that hitting a key on vmpk just change the states of
some parts of the GUI.
Thanks again!

Diego