[LAD] rt-kernel and nvidia graphic card

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Jan 30 18:08:55 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-01-30 at 17:40 +0100, Dominique Michel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an asus amd64 PC with a nvidia GeForce 8800 GT graphic card. This
> PC is working fine with the gentoo-kernel and the nvidia proprietary
> kernel module.
>
> I want to experiment with the rt-kernel. It is 3 modules for the
> nvidia card.
>
> - The nvidia proprietary module, I guess that this is not necessarily a
>   good choice because it will not be patched for use with the rt-kernel.
>   But I am not sure.
>
> - The 2 others are with the kernel, nv and nouveau.
>
> Which module will be best to use with the rt-kernel?
>
> Ciao,
> Dominique

nv only!

You can try nvidia, after faking the license for the kernel-rt by

sed -i \

's/EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL(migrate_enable);/EXPORT_SYMBOL(migrate_enable);/' \
  	  kernel/sched.c

  sed -i \

's/EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL(migrate_disable);/EXPORT_SYMBOL(migrate_disable);/'
\
  	  kernel/sched.c

  sed -i \

's/EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL(__rt_mutex_init);/EXPORT_SYMBOL(__rt_mutex_init);/'
\
  	  kernel/rtmutex.c