[LAD] [Android|OT?] CamSynth - Just an experiment

Florian Paul Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Wed Jul 25 06:50:07 UTC 2012

Hi,

I don't know if this is on-topic or off-topic - technically it runs on a
linux, but then, maybe, just, no, no Android on LAD?? :D But anyways: I
played a little with Android Development and hacked up a little
experimental Synthesizer app.

https://github.com/fps/android_camsynth

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.fps.camsynth

It's free and open source and renders 8 voices (on my LG-P500) with a
trivial (and wrong :D) synthesis method where the voice gains are
determined by the camera image at a 8 x 8 px resolution..

I guess it's somewhat a minimal project which can be instructive to some
(the synthesis part is implemented in C via JNI). And the code is very
small..

Have fun,
Flo