[LAD] [ANN] Qtractor 0.5.4 - Echo Victor shouts out!

Albert Graef Dr.Graef at t-online.de
Fri Mar 2 17:41:36 UTC 2012

On 03/01/2012 07:40 PM, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
> So here it goes: Ardour is a full fledged, pro-level DAW and, for crying
> out loud on its own, the flagship of the free/open-source pro-audio
> fleet and movement, not only Linux anymore nowadays.

It goes without saying that Ardour offers an abundance of features, but
Qtractor's MIDI support is very good, its audio support is more than
just adequate, and its big plus is that it's so easy to learn and use.
Also, despite the "alpha" sticker that you keep putting on it, it's been
working very well for me. In any case, we can be happy that we have both. :)

Now what's still needed is full-fledged OSC support. I mean not just
automation, but real OSC tracks with full recording, playback and
editing capabilities a la MIDI. We've briefly discussed this on the
Qtractor mailing list, and I think that I've read somewhere that Ardour3
has been designed with that in mind as well. But are there any concrete
plans to add an OSC track type to Ardour? That would be a killer
feature, at least for me.

> * Panic command button (NEW)

Can you read my mind? :) I was about to ask for this, and now you've
already implemented it! Nice.

One thing I've been wondering about... Could you please elaborate on
what exactly the --enable-lv2-state-files configure option is for? That
was marked as experimental in previous svn revisions, and is one of the
very few options which are disabled by default.

Rui, thanks for all your hard work, and see you @ CCRMA!

Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany
Email:  Dr.Graef at t-online.de, ag at muwiinfa.geschichte.uni-mainz.de
WWW:    http://www.musikinformatik.uni-mainz.de/ag