[LAD] [ANN] Qtractor 0.5.4 - Echo Victor shouts out!

Emanuel Rumpf xbran at web.de
Mon Mar 5 12:01:38 UTC 2012

Am 5. März 2012 12:24 schrieb Fons Adriaensen <fons at linuxaudio.org>:
> On Sun, Mar 04, 2012 at 12:55:39AM +0100, Albert Graef wrote:
>
>> Well, what you see as a problem, I see as a virtue. It gives me the
>> flexibility to just pick my own set of messages for the application at
>> hand. The sequencer shouldn't have to care about the particular set of
>> OSC addresses I'm using.
>
> Agreed 100%.

Agreed 40%

Having a standard scheeme for _standard procedures
doesn't kill your freedom to still pick custom addresses / add
your own extensions to OSC,
but simplifies things A LOT for those 90% of users who do standard things,
as playing back notes and controlling typical values (e.g. velocity,
volume, resonance...)

Thus you wouldn't lose any virtue, but those 90% woud gain some.

--
E.R.