[LAD] [LAU] Music made with Linux: Airship - A 16bit Soundtrack Theme

Carlos sanchiavedraz csanchezgs at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 14:16:42 UTC 2012

2012/2/29 Kevin Thoma <kevin.thoma88 at gmail.com>

> Hi there,
>
> really liking the piece, great job! And having just played one of those
> RPGs for the first time in ages (and I do remember them from my childhood
> days as well...), I can attest to the fact that it would them nicely. ;)
> I agree that taking the drums out for one of the quieter parts would have
> made for some nice contrast, but yeah, that's not a must.
>
> Best Wishes
> Kevin
>

> On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 6:30 PM, Nils <list at nilsgey.de> wrote:
>
>> Hello list,
>>
>> I would like to share a piece I've just finished.
>> The original blog entry is here, but for your convenience I'll include a
>> copy into this mail.
>> Feel free to use any channel you want if you would like to comment on it.
>> http://www.nilsgey.de/2012/02/29/airship-theme/
>>
>> Airship - A 16bit Soundtrack Theme
>> direct download: http://www.nilsgey.de/uploads/NilsGey-AirshipTheme.mp3
>>
>> I have finished my first just-for-fun composition since a very long time
>> ago. It is a game-soundtrack like piece I named “Airship”. I can imagine
>> this in a Japanese 90’s RPG from the SNES or Sega Genesis/MegaDrive era.
>>
>> Software used: Laborejo composition and midi generation, Fluidsynth for
>> midi to wave rendering and Ardour for the fadeout :) .
>>
>> I used an .sf2 called Setzers SPC which I have downloaded here. I am not
>> sure about the soundfonts legal status so I am careful and release the
>> Airship Theme not as a free piece but just as: Listen to it freely, share
>> and redistribute it but don’t use it in any work, derived or original, or
>> as part of a game or video etc. Don’t do anything commercial with it and
>> don’t change the mp3 tags. If you find a named, matching License to this
>> description feel free to use that instead.
>>
>> I would be very happy if you leave a comment or click this blogs “Like”
>> button.
>>

>> Greetings,
>>
>> Nils
>> http://www.nilsgey.de
>> http://www.laborejo.org

Hi,

I concur with some said already; it reminds a bit of some soundtrack for a
game and maybe, at 1:00 min and at 4:30 aprox., would be nice to have a
quiet part as a middle section to rise then up as an anthem.

Also would be advisable some processing (Delay, Reverb) on the mix to make
the sound a more realistic, to mitigate the rude MIDI sound, and as if
recorded in some space, a large hall i.e.

Nice music,
Thanks for sharing, Nils

--
Carlos sanchiavedraz