[LAD] Non Session Management

David Robillard d at drobilla.net
Thu Mar 22 15:10:09 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-03-22 at 11:55 +0100, rosea.grammostola wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder what the LAD community thinks about Non Session Manager
>
> http://non.tuxfamily.org/nsm/API.html
> http://non.tuxfamily.org/nsm
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui-gC_ZMeGM
> http://youtu.be/xzspJXbEoc0
>
>  From a user POV I must say that it works very smooth at first sight.

I haven't actually tried it yet, but took a peek.

>From the developer POV, the implementation of the daemon about 2000
lines of C or so, and it only depends on a standard protocol (OSC) with
several implementations.

I have no idea how well it works, or what I think of the details, but
that wins it major points in my book.  It is an appropriate size for the
task at hand and doesn't ram dependencies down implementer's throats.

-dr