[LAD] LV2 specification packaging

Albert Graef Dr.Graef at t-online.de
Fri Mar 23 07:08:24 UTC 2012

On 03/23/2012 12:44 AM, David Robillard wrote:
> I don't plan on releasing in multiple ways.  Whatever The Way(TM) is,
> that is the way.  If people want one, it's *just* one.  Maintaining this
> stuff is enough effort when it only needs releasing in one way.

Sounds fair.

> Programs and documentation should be packaged separately though.  Since
> most build systems that build docs do it all in one go, I assume
> packagers are already accustomed to piecing up things that are installed
> in one command by the source build system?

Yes. At least that's the way it is on the distros I know. This depends
on the distro's packaging policies, though. In any case, I'd say that's
something you can just leave up to the downstream maintainers.

Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany
Email:  Dr.Graef at t-online.de, ag at muwiinfa.geschichte.uni-mainz.de
WWW:    http://www.musikinformatik.uni-mainz.de/ag