[LAD] LV2-C++-Tools

Harry van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 15:42:53 UTC 2012

On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 10:34 PM, David Robillard <d at drobilla.net> wrote:

> "Shared data plus locking" is a pretty crap model in general, really.
> When people talk about all the complications that threads introduce,
> they're really talking about this.  Shared mutable state is the cancer
> of multi-threaded programming.

I'm very interested in the various "paradigms" or patterns of programming
RT safe applications. I've done a bit of reading on the topic, and am
concidering doing my Final Year project based around the concept of
multi-threaded RT safe data storage / retrieval & inter thread
communication.

Idea's for further research, books, papers etc etc all welcome. At this
time I'm thinking about a good title for the paper, and what exactly would
be most interesting to focus on having a perspective as an LAD... :)
-Harry